Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MAC MYTHOLOGY VS EXPENSIVE PINK

I have Mythology(L) & Expensive Pink(R) next to each other in my palette. They look a little different, but on the eye they look the same.  Especially when you smoke it out. Expensive Pink has more glitter.  So, I think I could have skipped out on 1 of them.
I find that Mac has a lot of similar colors. When I buy e/s colors or lippies or blush even if I buy them at the same time, they're usually the same colors. Why does that happen. I think I get confused or color blind.
 Which other colors by Mac are similar? Do you do this too?

9 comments:

Tillyness86 said...

I had the exact same dilemma I was deciding between these two and ended up getting mythology. I think it has a more of a brown undertone than expensive pink. I still want to go back and get it though! x x

dαnnεεl said...

I was going to get mythology, I thought it is a gorgeous color. But I already have expensive pink and it is the first color I ever got from MAC and I still love it so much. Glad you post this, now I may not go get mythology! Thanks!;)

Anonymous said...

I have Paradisco and I've heard it was really similar to Expensive Pink and Dear Cupcake looks almost identical to Paradisco when swatched:)

Crissy said...

Maybe I'm weird but I see one that's brown and the other is pink..? D:

GiGi said...

@Crissy I can see that, but I think they're so similar on or blended that I should have gotten something else.

Anonymus said...

why thank you girl! lol

Tali said...

Oh it always happens to me too... I get 5 brown shades that all look exactly the same especially when on!

XRocksmama said...

I just got Mythology the other day and it's true that it is so similar to Expensive Pink(French Cuff is another similar one). Mythology is a tad more coppery and warmer but def similar enough to skip one. I love all my copper & bronze so I keep mine :)

I think Bronze and Mulch are similar enough. they are almost identical in the pot and on my eye.

Jasmin Fabré said...

I was so happy to see I'M NOT CRAZY!! jajajaja. I've always have expensive pink, love that color, but just yesterday got mythology and I felt sooo jipped when I saw it was practically the same color, but I did notice that the texture is not the same.

Related Posts with Thumbnails