Tuesday, December 8, 2009

HOLIDAY SHOPPING IDEAS ON THE CHEAP


This year is I have decided that I am going to shop early & smart. I send out most of my presents, so shipping is a huge consideration for me. Saving money is an even bigger consideration.

These are my gift ideas & tips for Christmas Shopping:

1. Gift cards are always easiest. some people feel they are not personal, but I think that who doesn't love free money to spend how they want!

2.For the makeup lover E.L.F. has great items not only on there site, but at Target too. Forever 21 has brought out really cute packages & they are selling online too.

3. There are so many makeup packages at Dept. stores & Sephora gift sets. Break them up & put them in pretty paper or bows. More than 1 present with a single purchase.

4. The grocery stores have beautifully packaged liquor bottles & sets w/ shakers & glasses. I
love those sets. They are actually sometimes cheaper.

5. For friends or family you live far from, make & send an album of the last year of you or your family.

6. I sent out a collage wall frame to a friend this year who had a baby to create her own memory collage. The frame was $20 from Kohl's.com

7. Big Lots & Walmart have already made gift packages & tons of boxed presents for $20 and under.

8. Check out ebates.com & retailmenot.com for coupons and cash back promotions.

9. Costume jewelry for a friend from Forever 21 for under $8. They have great gift for him too now!

10. Take someone to dinner to a place you can afford. It's a great gesture.

11. Walgreens has toy specials all season. Buy 3 for $10 or buy 2 get 2 free.

12. A slow cooker & slow cooker cookbook you can buy or print out some recipes, is great for the busy person.

13. The best tip of all is presentation. No matter if you buy something from a gas station, if you wrap it & put a bow it will look great!

What are your tips for this seasons shopping?

2 comments:

Jasmin said...

Awesome tips! I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet.. I guess I'll start next week. HAHHA. I know, I'm so late! hahha

Toothfairy said...

I like the idea of the album for family and friends far away!

loves

Related Posts with Thumbnails